Boost your skills to the professional standard
Prepare yourself for the Unity Certified Programmer exam with Unity’s official courseware. Through videos and practical coding challenges, which you can tackle at your own pace, you’ll gain experience in all of the skills covered by the exam. The courseware includes:
- Over 15 coding challenges with expert solutions
- Over 8 hours of video instruction in 4 full courses
- Learn by creating 2 Unity projects
- Practice assessments and quizzes throughout
Instructor: Jeremy Gibson Bond is a professor of game design and development at Michigan State University, 20 year veteran of game development, and author of Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C#.
Priced at only $79/month, you can complete the courseware in a month or take your time over several months.
Created in partnership with
Rise above the competition
Schedule your certification online or at a center near you
Get certified online or in-person through the Pearson VUE global network of more than 5,200 testing centers. Visit our FAQs for accessibility information.
Certification is valid for two years. Once certified, you’ll receive a verifiable digital badge that you can share on your resume, website, blog, email footer, and social networks.
You bring the vision to life
Whether you’re applying for your first Unity job or looking to propel your career to the next level, Unity Certified Programmer helps entry to mid-level programmers across all industries validate their abilities and demonstrate their commitment to professional standards.
Does this sound like you?
You have an aptitude for technical processes, are logically oriented, and are resourceful. You can be entrusted to handle routine to mid-level programming tasks independently and work through complex technical challenges. When you need more information to solve a problem, you know how to leverage internal and external resources appropriately.
Show you’ve got what it takes to join a team of Unity developers and artists
The Unity Programmer certification covers the core skills needed to contribute to the technical execution of a project from conception through launch, and beyond. Becoming certified will show employers that you are adept at coding solutions to tricky problems. You’ll demonstrate that you can operate at a professional level to create the UI, script user-interactions, integrate visual and audio assets, implement application state logic, simulate physics, debug code, and optimize performance.
Certification topics include:
- Programming core interactions
- Working in the art pipeline
- Developing application systems
- Programming for scene and environment design
- Optimization of performance and platforms
- Working in software development teams
Unity Certified Programmer is for people seeking to validate skills in roles such as Unity Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Mobile Application Developer, and Gameplay Programmer.
This certification is recommended for you if you have:
- 2+ years practical experience in game or 3D interactive programming using Unity
- 2+ years practical experience in computer programming including C#
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle working from concept through completion
- Understanding of professional applications for software development with Unity, including game development, interactive entertainment, and design visualization
- Basic understanding of the visual/3D asset and animation pipeline in Unity, including character and environment setups
- Understanding of professional team software development practices, including unit testing and version control
- Knowledge of Unity Services for collaboration, monetization, live operations, and multiplayer
- Understanding of mathematics critical to 3D interactive development, including linear algebra and matrix operations
The Unity Certified Programmer Exam Objectives are free to download below.
We are very close to launching the official practice test for Unity Certified Programmer. This Unity’s official practice test will help you prepare for the Unity Certified Programmer exam. Through practice questions, you can tackle at your own pace to be ready for the Unity Certified Programmer exam.