Polish your skills and test your expertise
Gameplay Programmer exam
Get ready to take the Unity Expert Gameplay Programmer Certification with the official courseware created by Unity. Learn at your own pace with this structured set of courses specially designed for Unity professionals. Features include:
- Problem set-based challenges
- Real-world programming scenarios
- Alignment to exam objectives
- Over 10 hours of video instruction
- Practice assessments and quizzes throughout
Instructor: Dustin Carroll - Senior Technical Artist at Scientific Games and adjunct instructor of motion capture at DePaul University. 15+ years in the games development industry with over 40 shipped titles, working as a programmer and technical artist at all stages in the development cycle.
Priced at only $79/month, you can complete the courseware in a month or take your time over several months.
Created in partnership with
An advanced professional certification for the global game industry
Gameplay Programmer exam
The Unity Expert Gameplay Programmer exam is now available online and in-person through Pearson VUE’s global network of testing centers, which provide an easy and reliable way to schedule an exam near you.
What’s covered on the exam
This certification validates that you have the advanced skills necessary to effectively execute the game design and optimize the game. Topics include:
- Prototyping (Core Gameplay for Rapid Iteration)
- Level Design Programming
- NPC Design Programming
- User Interface Implementation
- Performance Optimization and Target Platforms
- Unity Services Implementation
This expert certification is recommended for people who have spent several years in this field and have accrued a variety of advanced, practical application experience, such as:
- Experience designing immersive games, web/mobile games and digital games
- Good knowledge of scripting/programming using C#
- Experience in the full game lifecycle, working from early concept through launch
- Expert understanding of all aspects of game design (level, non-player characters [NPCs], game mechanics)
- Experience designing for and implementing Unity Services
- Understanding of game asset and animation pipelines, including character and environment setups
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
- Ability to create and use a library of Prefabs to make the best game possible
The Expert Gameplay Programmer Certification is available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese to follow. The Exam Objectives are free to download in the following languages.