An introduction to programming in Unity
Unity Certified User: Programmer Courseware helps you prepare for the Unity Certified User: Programmer Certification. The course provides a structured, hands-on, self-study program for learning C# programing, Unity and game development. You’ll build multiple working projects in both 2D and 3D from the ground up using assets provided in the Unity Asset Store.
The Unity Certified User Courseware gives you:
- 12 video-based modules with accompanying text references for key concepts (88 videos, approximately 20 hours to complete independently)
- 3 distinct complete projects with associated assets that you or your students will complete in the Unity Editor
- Embedded challenges and quizzes to reinforce learning
Focus on programming. Learn the C# programming language, build Unity components, and gain experience that directly maps to preparation for the Unity Certified User Exam.
Build real projects. Develop an understanding of coding in Unity by building three unique projects of increasing complexity.
- Endless Runner - A 2D platformer game in the "endless runner" genre
- Bunny Ball - A third-person, 3D, physics-based arcade game
- Crash Scene - A low-poly 3D neighborhood scene with dynamic cameras and cut-scenes
Who it’s for
Individuals who earn a Unity Certified User: Programmer certification receive an industry-recognized credential that validates their proficiency in using Unity technology with C# language programming. Certification helps employers and institutions verify knowledge and skills using Unity technology to succeed in careers requiring interactive content creation.
If you are interested in offering the Unity Certified User certification, please contact Certiport to get started.
Please go to Certiport’s Objective Domain page and download the Unity Certified User Exam Objective.
An official practice test for the Unity Certified User: Programmer exam is available from Certiport.